Registering a damaged (write-off) caravan?

I want to buy a caravan that was badly damaged. I can fix it but I have a question about insurance. If the insured caravan was a write-off, can it be registered after it’s repaired? Or is it the same deal as with cars, where you can't repair and register it again. Does anyone have any further information?