Discussion: the Pathfinder towing

Further to your article in issue 493 by Michael Browning. (RigWrap Kimberley) There was a sudden intake of breath when I read this article regarding the ability to fit a levelling device to the Pathfinder. I have just taken delivery of the exact same vehicle and further, will take delivery of a van in the coming month that has a tare of approx. 2200kg. The reason I bought the Pathfinder among others was its ability to take up to 3000kg. A quick call (I mean instant) to the Nissan dealer in Hobart and then a visit to the Hayman Reece distributors and fitters in Launceston (Trayco), had me breathing easy again. It would seem that Nissan will recommend the fitting of load levellers if you first fit the (in this case) Hayman Towbar!! Trayco had the the most up to date info on line from Hayman Reece in their office and had fitted to Nissans in the past. And Hey - If you go on line to the Hayman Reece site what do they use as a pic on their home page - a Nissan Pathfinder with load levellers fitted!! I believe you should get this message out to your readers quickly as like me, there would be a lot of people trying to get that next breath.

Terry, TAS