Snap: CMCA rally
Malcolm Street returns from Rockhampton
Caravan World’s sharp shooter Malcolm Street returns from Rockhampton with these great pics from the CMCA’s 24th National Rally.
According to the CMCA, Australia’s peak motorhoming association, over 1600 rally goers arrived in over 870 vehicles for the seven day event, with 172 of those in attendance participating in a CMCA rally for the very first time.
The 24th National Rally was held at the Rockhampton Showgrounds Complex from September 28 to October 4.
- It was wall-to-wall motorhomes at the Rockhampton Showgrounds during the rally. That's my motorhome, above the oval, third row along, second from right (I think)!
- Happy Hour anyone? Doesn't really take much excuse or too many people – as long as it's after 4pm
- Motorhomes of all shapes, sizes and ages come together at a CMCA rally – standing room only, we'd like to point out.
- Disc bowls is very serious business at any rally
- There are many volunteer jobs at a CMCA rally – more than 250, actually. And sometimes, a sense of humour helps. This brightly-coloured vehicle belongs to the toilet cleaning crew
- Trakka's new Trakkaway 850 motorhome was my accommodation for the duration of the rally
- This discovan came with its own light show
- Members of the CMCA volunteer maintenance crews, at the ready