The Gulf to Gulf Adventure Rig Competition
Terms and Conditions
1. Instructions on “How to Enter” and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is open to residents of Australia, aged 18 years and over and who have a current valid driver’s licence. Employees of the Promoter and their immediate families and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
3. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
4. Incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
5. Competition commences on 11/04/12 and closes on 10/10/12. The winning entry will be the first drawn, at 11 am on 20/11/12 at Storacall Technology LTD T/a X-on, 7 Salamander Court, Mermaid Waters, QLD 4218. Winners will be notified by post and by phone on the 21/11/12. Winners will be published in The Australian Newspaper on sale 22/11/12.
6. Entry is via:
- Subscription Entry – Go to www.magshop.com.au or the respective magazine’s website and subscribe to any one (1) of the following listed titles for a minimum of twelve months: Caravan World, CamperTrailer Australia, Motorhome & Caravan Trader, Trade-a-Boat, Trailer Boat, Motorcycle Trader, Deals on Wheels, Farms & Farm Machinery, Earthmovers & Excavators, Plant & Equipment, Australasian Bus & Coach (ABC), Australasian Transport News (ATN), SupplyChain Review, Owner//Driver, Blue’s Country magazine to receive 100 automatic entries.
Subscriptions to Caravan World, CamperTrailer Australia, Motorhome & Caravan Trader, Motorcycle Trader, Trade-a-Boat, Trailer Boat, Deals on Wheels, Farms & Farm Machinery, Earthmovers & Excavators, Plant & Equipment magazines are to be sent to the above magazine (please clearly specify the name of the magazine you wish to subscribe to) by mail at Reply Paid 4967, Sydney, NSW 2001; by phone 136 116 (Mon – Fri 8am AEDST – 8pm AEDST) or online at www.magshop.com.au or the respective magazine’s website.
Subscription to Australasian Bus & Coach (ABC), Australasian Transport News (ATN), SupplyChain Review, Owner//Driver or Blue’s Country magazines are to be sent to the above magazine (please clearly specify the name of the magazine you wish to subscribe to) by mail at Reply Paid 5252, Sydney, NSW 2001; by phone 1300 461 528 (Mon – Fri 8am AEDST – 8pm AEDST or online at www.magshop.com.au or the respective magazine’s website.
Entry is subject to a valid credit card payment or, if payment is made by cheque, the cheque must be cleared for payment by the close date of the promotion.
- Magazine Entry - Between the promotion period of 11/04/12 through to 10/10/12, complete the magazine entry coupon found inside the following titles: Caravan World, CamperTrailer Australia, Motorhome & Caravan Trader, Motorcycle Trader, Trade-a-Boat, Trailer Boat, Deals on Wheels, Farms & Farm Machinery, Earthmovers & Excavators, Plant & Equipment, Owner//Driver, Blues Country magazine to receive 10 automatic entries.
Magazine Entries to be posted to the Gulf to Gulf Adventure Rig Competition, Trader Classifieds, Locked Bag 12, Oakleigh, VIC, 3166.
- Online Entry - Entrants must go to either website: www.gulf2gulf.com.au, www.caravanworld.com.au, www.campertraileraustralia.com.au, www.tradeaboat.com.au, www.trailerboat.com.au, www.mctrader.com.au, www.newearthmovers.com.au, www.newfarmmachinery.com.au, www.transjobs.com.au, www.newtrucksearch.com.au, www.busnews.com.au, www.fullyloaded.com.au, www.ownerdriver.com.au, www.bluescountry.com.au, www.supplychainreview.com.au and follow the prompts to the competition page to complete the entry form including their name, mailing address, daytime telephone, email address and submit the entry as instructed to receive 1 automatic entry.
- Show Entry – Between the promotion period of 11/04/12 through to 10/10/12, complete the entry form at the stand where one of the following titles is being exhibited: Caravan World, CamperTrailer Australia, Motorhome & Caravan Trader, Motorcycle Trader, Trade-a-Boat, Trailer Boat, Deals on Wheels, Farms & Farm Machinery, Earthmovers & Excavators, Plant & Equipment, Australasian Bus & Coach (ABC), Australasian Transport News (ATN), SupplyChain Review, Owner//Driver, Blues Country and complete the entry form including their name, mailing address, daytime telephone, email address and submit the entry as instructed to receive 1 automatic entry.
- Multiple entries are permitted, subject to the following: (a) only one entry permitted per specified subscription requirement (unless otherwise stated); and (b) each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements; (c) only one entry is permitted through all website entries; (d) the maximum entries via each magazine cannot exceed more than one entry per issue.
- The judges’ decision in relation to any aspect of the conditions will be final and binding on every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected mail.
- The first (1) valid entry drawn from all valid entries received will win the major prize valued at $100,827 AUD.
· One (1) x 2009 Toyota 76 series GXL Workmate V8 Turbo Diesel wagon. The vehicle has been modified and fitted with accessories including ARB front bar, ARB roof rack, ARB suspension, ARB IPF Sports XS spotlights, GME UHF radio aerial, Milford Cargo barrier, ARB recovery kit, Century Optima dual batteries, Piranha battery monitor, Piranha differential breathers. The vehicle is used and will have completed approximately 60,000 km on the speedometer by the time of prize delivery. The promoter takes no responsibility for variation in kilometres at the time of prize delivery. Vehicle with the fitted accessories is valued at $62,000.
· One (1) x Goldstream Vacationer series 2 valued at $31,600
· One (1) x Stacer 349 Proline Car topper valued at $5,339
· One (1) x Waeco CF 80 and one (1) x Waeco Cool-Ice WCI-70 icebox valued at $1,888.
Prize also includes delivery within Australia, all on road costs and registration.
- Prize does not include insurance, other ancillary costs and any accessories unless otherwise stated in clause 9. The modified areas of the prize will be determined by the Promoter. Any additional insurance, options, accessories and other ancillary costs are the responsibility of the winner. In acceptance of the prize, the winner acknowledges that they may incur ongoing costs associated with the prize which are the entire responsibility of the winner. If the winner lives’ within 100 km of Melbourne will have a choice of either the picking up the prize from a point in Melbourne or having the prize delivered to their place of residence (via being driven by a nominated person by the promoter). The winner takes full responsibility and knowledge that if they choose this option, the prize will have more kilometres on the speedometer than advertised during the promotional period. For all other states that prize will be trucked to the winner’s place of residence. It is a condition of winning that the prize winner provides the Promoter with their full name, address, license and a copy of their current Australian driver’s license prior to the awarding of the prize. Winner must have a current valid Australian driver’s license. If the winner is, through any legal incapacity or otherwise, unable to register the motor vehicle prize component in their own name, then such winner may assign the motor vehicle prize component to another person (who consents to such assignment) with legal capacity for the purpose of registration. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any such arrangements between the winner and the assignee. The winner must provide the Promoter with certified copies of all required documentation as required by the Promoter before the prize is awarded.
- Prize value is correct as at the date of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate date on which the prize is taken.
- The prize does not include any installation or set-up of any of the products.
- Products included in prize package (including but not limited to titles, colour, design, sizing, model, finish, style etc) will be determined by the promoter in its complete discretion. All prizes must be taken as offered. The prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is non-redeemable for cash, non-transferable and cannot be on-sold to a third party.
- The prize is not valid in conjunction with any other offer. The prize is valued in Australian dollars. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value. Prize winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of their prize.
- The Promoter takes no responsibility for any body or paint repairs from the date and time of delivery. The Gulf to Gulf Adventure Rig depicted in all promotional material is not necessarily the same colour or grade as the prize vehicles.
- In participating in the competition, the winners will agree to participate and co-operate as required all editorial activities relating to the competition, including, but not limited to being interviewed and photographed for publication in Caravan World, Campertrailer Australia, Deals on Wheels, Motorhome & Caravan Trader, Farms & Farm Machinery, Earthmovers & Excavators, Plant & Equipment, Trailer Boat, Australasian Bus & Coach (ABC), Australasian Transport News (ATN), SupplyChain Review, Owner Driver & Blue’s Country magazines. The winner agrees to grant the Promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such editorial and photographs in all media worldwide, and as such the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers.
- If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion reserves the right to substitute the prize (or part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- If for any reason the winner does not take the prize (or an element of the prize) at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
- In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
- A draw for the prize, should it remain unclaimed, may take place on February 20th 2013 at 11.00am, at Trader Classifieds 73 Atherton Road Oakleigh, VIC 3166. Re-drawn winners will be notified by phone and by post on February 22nd 2013 and published in The Australian February 25th 2013.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; (f) participation in the promotion and/or; (g) taking of the prize.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- The Promoter of the competition is ACP Magazines Ltd ABN 18 053 273 546, care of ACP Trader Classifieds Pty Ltd, ABN 18 053 273 546, the promoter, at 73 Atherton Road, Oakleigh, Vic 3166.
- Permit numbers: NSW Permit Number: LTPS/12/02488, VIC Permit Number: 12/626, ACT Permit Number: ACT TP 12/01004, SA Permit Number: T12/504.